Friday, July 29, 2011

Birfday!

Today I wish my very close friend Gracie her Happy Birthday!!!!


And, also today, I remind her that she shares her special day with National Cheese Sacrifice Purchase Day.

Probably one of the most venerable (read, beyond obscure) food holidays to bless the planet; much like my dear friend whose birthday she shares. To make matters more interesting, very little is known, much less written about, about the origins and rituals of this day.


As near as I've been able to decipher from the ancient texts here, here, and, not to be forgotten, HERE, today is the day when cheese is purchased and some of that cheese is then sacrificed for some greater purpose.

So, today, I will sacrifice some cheese for Gracie and let the mice live until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment